Our Camp, Inc. Desires to build bridges between our community and those who experience disability by breaking down the barriers of fear and misconception. We pride ourselves in creating a culture of unconditional acceptance and inclusion that instills confidence and self-esteem for campers and volunteers alike. The impact extends beyond the memories, resulting in the growth of social skills, empathy, and relationships that last a lifetime.
Here are a few fun facts about what we do and how we do it...
- Our Camp is funded through the generosity of our communities, to include foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
- As a nonprofit, the organization operates on an annual budget of $53,000 annually.
- Over 90 passionate volunteers serve as board members, camp leadership, and camp counselors.
- Each year, 100 plus campers attend across 4 camp sessions held for every age and ability
- Participants travel from out of state including South Dakota, Nebraska, and Colorado to join the fun.
- Our Camp serves nearly 1,150 meals each summer at a cost of less than $5 per plate.
- Nurses and cooks are the only paid positions utilized in camp operations.
- Camp activities include games, skits, crafts, dancing, campfires and more
Ways to Contribute:
Annual Sponsor: $5,000
Contribute to a summer of friendship, memories, and growth for campers and volunteers alike as an annual sponsor.
- Corporate logo or name on social media regularly
- Corporate logo or name on camp website
- Corporate logo or name on annual T shirt distributed to all attendees
- Photo plaque for display in place of business
Daily Sponsor: $1,000
Provide for the activity, meal, and volunteer expenses involved in operating a day of summer camp.
- Corporate logo on social media during camp session
- Corporate name on camp website
- Corporate name an annual T shirt distributed to all attendees
- Photo certificate for display in place of business
Adopt a Camper: $300 Full or $150 Partial
Send a child or adult, who would not otherwise have the opportunity, to camp by offering a full or partial campership fee
- Photo and letter from campers following session